Reasons I dislike U2
- Bono isn’t a good vocalist.
- The Edge’s revolutionary guitar style usually involves playing through three separate delay pedals and going “Hey guys, doesn’t that sound WEIRD?”
- They haven’t made a legitimately good record since the late ’80s yet the press keeps S-ing their D’s.
- Did I mention their names are Bono and The Edge? You’re musicians, not damn comic book characters.
- The sunglasses, the leather jackets, the beanies. Make up your minds — are you hot or cold? Guess what, it doesn’t matter, you’re probably indoors. Douchebags.
Reasons I like “Bullet the Blue Sky”
- Driving bass line, which is basically what the whole song is built around. Lead bass FTW. ALWAYS.
- Nice, somewhat understated slide guitar. Touché, Edge. (You’re still bald. Not fooling anybody with those hats.)
- The “rattle and hum” lyric, which made for one of the best concert video titles of all-time.
- That whole “arms of America” ending reminds me of the ending of this song (and that song just happens to be the song that made me pick up a guitar, so… there).