Reasons I dislike Foreigner
- I’m pretty sure when the band started they were just looking to fill that “poor man’s Bad Company” void.
- Somehow Ian McDonald went from being a member of King Crimson when they did this to playing guitar on this horseshit.
- If you’re like me and grew up in a town where your radio choices were basically “the good classic rock station” and “the bad classic rock station,” you’ve heard enough fucking Foreigner in your life. See also: Boston, Journey, Boston, Styx, Boston.
- “I Want To Know What Love Is.” Get away from me.
Reasons I like “Long, Long Way From Home”
- If the sound of a clavinet doesn’t immediately arouse you, you might be dead.
- If there’s one thing Foreigner could do, it was write a seemingly epic but mostly pointless story song with badass power chords. (I also really like “Jukebox Hero,” too, but that’s mainly for ironic reasons.)
- Mmmm. Sax-UH-ma-PHONE!
- It’s not one of the five Foreigner songs played to Goddamn death by classic rock radio. And it’s really short.